Have you had too much to drink?
The Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC) limit is the maximum amount of alcohol that can be consumed before it is illegal to operate a motor vehicle on a public road. Alabama DUI law can be complicated. Below is a summary of Alabama DUI law that will give you a better understanding of the laws as written as well as the consequences of being convicted of the offense of DUI in Alabama.
A person may be charged with Driving Under the Influence (DUI) if the police officer(s) reasonably believe(s) that there is probable cause that the person was found to be in actual physical control of a motor vehicle while:
- there is .08% or greater of alcohol in his blood,
- under the influence of alcohol,
- under the influence of a controlled substance,
- under the combined influence of alcohol and a controlled substance, or
- under the influence of any substance which impairs mental or physical faculties.
When in doubt, do not drive!
Definition: Blood alcohol concentration (BAC) is the amount of alcohol in an individual’s body, measured by the weight of the alcohol in a volume of blood.